BGS Performance Academy
Barcelona Global Squash Academy is a high-performance academy located in Barcelona, Europe’s most dynamic, smart and colourful city, and a landmark in global sport. The principle aim is an integral preparation of bright and promising high performance players who aspire to play on or are already playing on the international PSA circuit and/or are also looking to achieve their personal optimum athletic skill development. Led by Head Coach Víctor Montserrat, himself guided and instructed by squash coaching legend Neil Harvey, the academy was strengthened in 2016 by the incorporation of Joaquin Marmaneu who brings to the academy all his experience acquired as Spain’s National Head Coach with ESF Level III qualifications. The academy is particulary aimed at late juniors wishing to transition onto the PSA Professional Circuit.
The goals and aims of the Barcelona Global Squash Academy are to manage and train players to the highest quality standard, and where an integral academic and sport package can also be provided. The Academy offers a full management package to players, focusing on the development of each individual using the unique BGS Coaching System. The Academy is open to both players who are looking for a long-term commitment with training and coaching on a daily basis, and to students who want to see Victor on an ad-hoc basis to work on specific points in their game or simply do a spot-training program within a new and fresh environment.
The top quality coaching and physical preparation are aimed at:
- Late juniors wishing to transition onto the PSA Professional Circuit.
- Young professionals already playing on the PSA circuit who are looking for a framework and roadmap to break into the Top 100.
- Ad-hoc programs for professionals interested in working on a particular aspect of their game in a new training environment
The BGS Performance Academy includes all of the players from the Spanish Junior team that came third after Egypt and Pakistan in the World Junior Championships in Namibia in 2014, and that came 2nd in the European Junior Championships in Helsinki in the same year. These players include the 2nd and 5th youngest players in the PSA Top 150, Edmon López 59 and Iker Pajares 55 ( May 2018).
Current players include (WR May 2018):
- Iker Pajares – Spain WR nº 55.
- Edmon Lopez – Spain WR nº 59.
- Bernat Jaume – Spain WR nº 82.
- Ahsan Ayaz – Pakistan WR 87.
- Alex Noakes – England WR nº 132.
- Tess Jutte – Holland WR nº 220.
- Sandeep Ramachandran – India WR nº 280.